giovedì 28 settembre 2017

Valeria GB

Buonasera everyone.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Valeria - I’m IIary's sister, and the very proud maid of honour for todays beautiful celebration, which I've been looking forward to since the day Ross told me he was going to propose before he set off for the islands of Hawaii and commit his eternal love to my sister. Also I want to thank our loving and adoring parents (Cinzia Anne Godfried and Paolo) for all the time they have devoted to all of us, without your support, none of this would be possible, and for that we are so blessed. And finally, before I get into the real details, I want my sister to know that I am so honoured to be by her side today, and that I am grateful  she has chosen me to be her maid of honour. Thank you and I love both you and Ross very much. 


Ross - you do realise you are marrying a Crespo right? I mean you've seen our families in action, to put it politely, you could say we are a very unique blend of people. So before I continue, one question: “are you sure about all this?” I mean you do realise you are now married to whole family not only llary!


Jokes aside, Ross I can safely say we are so delighted to have you in our family my mum will never stop to feeding you tirmasiu and apple cakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And as for my dad, he will make you taste all the finest red wines throughout Italy. 

Right so here I go - Ilary, my beautiful older sister, I want to take this opportunity to tell you how much you mean to me, since we were little you've always been looking after me and I know that even when you were very upset you never wanted to show me in order to protect me. 

We’ve always been very close since we were little, holding each other's hands, and going through this life as though everyday seemed less easy and unfair. 

I’ve always stuck by you because I knew you had a black belt in karate, and since that memorable day when I tried to take that red bag from your wardrobe without asking you and you obviously realised, I can safely say I’ve learnt my lesson and I’ve always stuck by you ever since because I would be mad not to! In saying all that you’ve however always been my biggest protector . Ever since the moment I saw you going down the skii slops before me as both of us were so scared, but you were the first one to go, making sure that I would be ok when I followed you down.  


Growing up we’ve been having many fights for several reasons, with many resulting from our differences in characterwe kept fighting  and it was hard to admit or understand at the time that we were simply just so different. However, as we've grown older and as I stand here today giving this speech, I can safely say that I wouldn’t change any of these fights or moments as they made us grow up and learn more about each other and make us the sisters we are today. 

Especially, since I moved to London, I was only 19 and you were 23 and you were so worried about me. Because for the first time, we were not living together under the same roof. And on top of this, we were in separate countries and I was in one of biggest cities in the world - now compare this to our little town of Rosta.  After I had been living for one year in London, I finally managed to give you the strength you’ve always been giving me since I was born to make a change in your life and follow me to the magical city of London. 

From that moment I knew we could always count on each other. Even though our family was far away, it was the true test of our love, friendship, trust and respect of each other. Which will always be with us. 

I’ve seen Ila cry and break down and say she can not do it anymore, I've seen her fall short of ridiculously high standards that she sets for herself and then I've seen her get up and set an even higher mark and achieve it. 

She taught me that nothing is impossible. She also taught me that sisters are everything and therefore we will always have to be very patient with each other no matter what - especially me!

From the day you arrived in London I knew you had finally found a place where you could be 100% yourself, starting to progress at work, socially but most of all as a person. I’m so proud of you and all the progress you've done to get to where you are today. 

Now lets get onto how the beautiful couple met. I remember it was a typical girls night out in Chelsea, west London.  I think you were going through a 'I hate men phase' so whoever came your way would really have to impress you - and there he was.. Mr Ross Taylor!

I distinctly remember Illa telling me over and over again,  " Vale there is no way I’ll ever date an English guy!” 

And there was me smirking to myself and thinking in the back of my head ‘never say never.’ And here we are today , my beautiful sister is getting married and to an English man! And good timing too with Brexit! Is that the real reason Illa? I mean, surely there are easier ways to stay working in England right?

Ross , my dear Ross, I won’ t be embarrassing you you'll be glad to know because your best man will do that for you.  So let me go straight to the nice part. I want you to know that I’m so happy and proud to have you officially part of my family, since the moment you brought that tv to my studio flat 3 years ago I knew you were the right brother in law for me. Thank you for always treating me like a little sister, and thank you to your partners also , our Christmases together meant so much to me. 

Right apparently now I’m meant to give you some tips for a long and happy marriage so here they are:

This is what it came out : 

Rule one : when you are wrong admit it, when you are right shut up. 
Rule two: the best way to remember your anniversary is to forget it once. 
Rule three: (this one was not on Google ) Ross never be afraid that Ila will leave you as she’s been spending years training you so she’ll not give up on you.

So everyone please raise your glasses to Ross and illa's eternal love for each other.Cheers! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento